Join the Green Raiders, an organization devoted to practicing and promoting sustainable living through recycling, energy and water conservation, education on environmental issues, and more.
What is a Green Raider?
- We are a student organization that encourages sustainability on campus.
- We’re passionate about protecting the environment and living environmentally friendly.
What do we do?
- Sponsor events on an off campus, including student-friendly sustainable meal prep and making upcycled crafts.
- Implement change on campus.
- Talk about sustainability with students.
- Collaborate with other student-led organizations.
- Educate the community.
- Clean up our local environments: trails, lakes, creeks, etc.
How does it work?
- We meet Tuesdays during UMT throughout the semester.
- Each Green Raiders must spearhead an initiative, project, or event.
- Weekly work varies from one hour to four hours per week.
- We’re a paid work-study program, including our weekly meetings.
- Meet new friends, faculty, and staff.
- Make a difference in your community.
The Mount Union Green Raider Sustainability Awards are presented annually to a faculty member, a staff member, and a student who has enhanced sustainability at Mount Union through actions that promoted the principles of social, financial, and environmental responsibility, and who has done so in a way that created a more sustainable, efficient, and healthy atmosphere for our campus community.
Nominations may be made by any member of the campus community. You may nominate as many individuals as you wish. To nominate a student, a faculty member, or a staff member, send an email to email@example.com with the nominee's name, whether they are a faculty member, staff member, or student, as well as an answer to the following question:
Past Green Raider Award Recipients
Sheryl (Ames ’90) Mason
Reilly Augustine and Gretchen Dietz