In addition to the research resources listed below, Mount Union offers a number of recommended resources that will have additional information in your field of study.
Music Research Databases
Humanities International Complete
This resource provides bibliographic references to literary, scholarly, and creative journals published in the United States and Canada. This database covers over 1,700 journals and more than 1.5 million records.
Music & Performing Arts
This resource delivers the largest, most diverse catalog of music content in the world for students, scholars, and patrons of the arts. The multimedia resource features works from thousands of respected partners, covers hundreds of genres from alternative rock to zydeco and from alternative dance to operatic arias, and encompasses a wide range of content formats—including scores, reference, and high definition audio and video. Databases include:
- Dance in Video
- Music Online: African American Music Reference (Music Online: Premium)
- Music Online: American Music (Music Online: Premium)
- Music Online: Classical Music in Video (Music Online Premium)
- Music Online: Classical Music Library (Music Online Premium)
- Music Online: Classical Music Reference Library
- Music Online: Classical Scores
- Music Online: Contemporary World Music (Music Online Premium)
- Music Online: Jazz Music Library
- Music Online: Listening
- Music Online: Opera in Video
- Music Online: Popular Music Library
- Music Online: Reference
- Music Online: Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries
- Music Online: The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music
Oxford Music Online
This source includes "Grove Music Online," "Oxford Dictionary of Music," and "The Oxford Companion to Music."
Percussive Arts Society
This is a complete original archive with 55 years of publications.