A minor in communication at the University of Mount Union will prepre you for a rewarding career in any field you choose. Students will explore a wide variety of communication topics ranging from interpersonal communication to integrated media techniques. Students completing a minor in communication will learn written and oral communication skills that any employer will value.
The minor in communication is administered by the Department of Communication, which also offers programs in communication studies, integrated media, and public relations.
Communication at Mount Union Quick Facts
- Students minoring in communication will have the opportunity to participate in a number of area internships.
- Raider Student Media is a student organization on campus for communication majors and minors as well as any other interested students. WRMU 91.1 FM, the campus radio station and The Dynamo, Mount Union's student-led newspaper, are both part of Raider Student Media.
- Calliope is Mount Union's literary magazine and accepts submissions for publication.
- Lambda Pi Eta Honorary is an undergraduate honor society for communication students. Students are invited to join Lambda Pi Eta by the Department.
- Public Relations Student Society of America is a student organization on campus that encourages the understanding of current theories and procedures in the practice of public relations.