There are many performance opportunities for Mount Union students:
- Weekly piano studio class in Presser Recital Hall.
- Every semester: Piano Keys is a piano recital that showcases the performances of advanced piano students and features some of the masterpieces of the piano repertoire. Held every semester on campus, Piano Keys offers an ever-changing variety of piano music performed by the students of Dr. Maira Liliestedt, associate professor of music at the University of Mount Union.
SOLO CON TUTTI
Solo con Tutti is a concerto competition for a chance to play a concerto with the Alliance Symphony Orchestra, UMU Repertory Strings, or the UMU Wind Ensemble.
- 2008 winner: Laura (Jurasko '09) Mason, performing Mendelssohn’s Capriccio brilliant for piano and orchestra
- 2009 winner: Marina Iwao, performing Beethoven’s First Piano Concerto, first movement
- 2010 winners: Jennifer (Grant '13) Linville , performing Kabalevsky’s Third Piano Concerto, third movement; Allyson (Oyster) DePanicis ’10, performing Kabalevsky’s Third Piano Concerto, first movement
- 2012 winner: Ian LeRoy ’14, performing MacDowell’s Piano Concerto No. 2, first movement
- 2015 winner: Paige Morris, performing Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 2, third movement
- 2017 Honorable Mention: Samuel Atkinson, invited to perform Mozart's Piano Concerto K. 488, second movement with the Alliance Symphony Orchestra on its April 15, 2018 concert
Other opportunities to play:
- Potentially solo with the Repertory Strings Orchestra.
- Thursday morning Student Showcase recitals
- Accompanying and chamber music, including two-piano music
- Student musicals
- Other on- and off-campus performances
- Half- and full-length junior and senior recitals
In addition to solo piano work, students can play the piano or harpsichord in many ensembles, including: