The University of Mount Union’s minor in business administration allows students to explore a number of fields, including management, marketing, accounting, economics, and finance. Students will be able to take the knowledge they gain from the courses and apply it to everyday life and future careers.
The minor in business administration is administered by the School of Business, which offers programs in human resource management, management, and marketing, among others.
Business Administration Opportunities
- A minor in business administration will gain hands-on experience through classwork and various internship opportunities. Students will be able to participate in service-learning opportunities, study abroad experiences, and much more.
- Investment Team is a student-led organization on Mount Union’s campus in which students manage four different stock portfolios and are able to learn real-world life lessons in relation to managing money.
- American Marketing Association is a student-led organization that offers students interested in advertising, sales, marketing research, and other marketing-related professions with networking opportunities with experienced practitioners in the field.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a student-led chapter on Mount Union’s campus that offers students the opportunity to interact with a variety of HR tools and resources.
- Delta Mu Delta is the business-related honorary for students who have shown exceptional academic achievement. Students will be invited to join the honorary by the Department.
Interested in a minor in business administration? Learn more about the required classes you will be taking by reading the course catalog.
More and more in today’s society, employers are looking for graduates who can effectively communicate, analyze critically, and work in a team environment, which are all skills developed in any number of majors in the University of Mount Union’s liberal-arts-grounded curriculum. However, a foundation in business-related principles is certainly an additional asset in our corporate world, and can provide an edge as you seek employment after graduation.
According to Bloomberg Business Week, there is a growing trend on college and university campuses nationwide that is resulting in the development of business-related minors. At Mount Union, we are a step ahead. Our well-established and noted School of Business offers a minor in business administration that is an exceptional complement to nearly any major.
Whether you plan to pursue a career in science, education, the fine arts, or health-related fields, consider pairing your major studies with a minor in business administration. It may set you on a path toward owning your own business or open doors to careers in the corporate world that will enhance your opportunities down the road.