Skip to Content

Transient Admission

A transient student is an undergraduate, degree-seeking student who is currently enrolled full-time at another institution and is looking to enroll at the University of Mount Union for a session/course with the intention of transferring the coursework back to the institution which they are earning their degree. 

Summer Courses

For transient students looking to get ahead in their studies or trying to get back on track, the University of Mount Union offers summer courses for two summer sessions. 

Summer Session One | (May 13 – June 30, 2024)

Summer Session Two | (July 8 – August 25, 2024)


How to Apply, Register, and Transfer Coursework:

Although official transcripts are not required as part of the transient application process, students seeking transient status at Mount Union must present evidence of good academic and disciplinary standing at their home institution as well as verification that they have met any prerequisites should the course require them. 

  • Complete the transient application and submit it to the University of Mount Union registrar

Transient Student Application 

Bryan Boatright, University Registrar

  • The university registrar will review your application and contact you with next steps for registering for classes.
  • Following completion of the course, a transient student must request an official transcript be sent to the home institution in order to transfer credit accordingly. 

Transient students bear the responsibilty of ensuring any credits earned at Mount Union will successully transfer to their home institution. It is recommended that transient students seek permission from their home institution before enrolling in any courses at Mount Union. The University of Mount Union does not provide financial aid to transient students.