The aim of counseling at Mount Union is to assist students in becoming socially and emotionally healthy. Counseling is a partnership between client and counselor, meant to help students find solutions and possibilities in life. In the Office of Counseling Services, state-licensed counselors help Mount Union students move toward life goals while teaching the coping skills needed for the future. Counseling staff members provide the following free and confidential services to enrolled students.
Walk-in hours are times that are set aside for students who suddenly need help but do not have a scheduled counseling appointment. Click on the tab below for times and location.
Students who are seeking formal counseling for issues big or small will schedule a counseling appointment with a counselor. The counselor will gather information from the student during the first session to determine a diagnosis. After the evaluation, the student will work with the counselor to form a treatment plan, setting goals they want to work on during the semester. Just use the contact information to the right to call or email for an appointment.
A consultation is an informal meeting with a counselor. The counselor acts as an expert, providing advice, guidance, and linkage to ongoing services. Consultations are not counseling sessions. Counselors can offer up to four consultation sessions to a student before recommending counseling sessions.
Students who are interested in a formal evaluation to determine if they have ADHD, can call or email for an appointment to take the Conner’s 3 CPT Test.
Events: Spring 2022
- Abundance Challenge
- This 21 day mindfulness commitment is about changing your mindset to one of abundance and realizing you are so very capable of having, experiencing, and feeling anything you desire/deserve.
- Tasks posted Twice a week to complete for goodie bags.
- Visit the "Upcoming Events and Workshops" tab at the bottom for each task needed to complete!
- The Love Initiative
- Beginning February 9, Wednesdays 5-6:30 p.m., HPCC Alumni Room
- Building a foundation of self-love and radiating this love to positively impact our relationships. This movement is to challenge all negativity in the world with unconditional love.
- Register for The Love Initiative here
- February 15, 11:30 a.m.- 12 p.m. via zoom
- Join us via Zoom to learn 6 new coping skills
- Abundance Challenge
All counseling staff members are licensed through the state of Ohio CSWMFT Board. To facilitate consumer protection, please visit the Ohio licensure verification.
Counseling services will be providing virtual as well as live contact sessions via the Student Affairs Suite, Hoover-Price Campus Center. To schedule an appointment, call (330) 823-2886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Counseling Services
Counseling Services staff provide many services to students. These services range from walk-in hours, counseling sessions, consultations, ADHD testing, Koru Mindfulness, and special events. All services are free and confidential to enrolled students. If you are interested or want to inquire about a service, please contact us by phone at (330) 823-2886 or email email@example.com.
The Office of Counseling Services will be providing virtual as well as live contact sessions via the Student Affairs Suite, Hoover-Price Campus Center.