The University of Mount Union’s Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science emphasizes analysis of environmental issues through hands on laboratories and field trips. Students will complete coursework in a variety of disciplines, preparing them for a rewarding career.
Faculty at Mount Union are dedicated professionals committed to helping students excel and gain real-world knowledge to pursue careers or further study in graduate school. Mount Union students get the unique opportunity to participate in studies and fieldwork at the University-owned Huston-Brumbaugh Nature Center just a few miles from campus.
Environmental Science Major Quick Facts
- The environmental science degree provides training in environmental science, biology, chemistry, and geology in addition to electives in sustainability and ethics.
- Students will complete courses in the Integrative Core, the University’s general education program, designed to help students explore disciplines and develop strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mount Union environmental science graduates earn successful placement in graduate programs, advancing training and research in specific fields of study.
- Mount Union environmental science graduates are employed in various areas:
- Environmental Project Coordinator
- Geospatial Developer
- Safety Specialist II for a large construction general contractor
- Toxicity Laboratory Technician
- Environmental Compliance Coordinator
- Environmental Specialist 2 (Ohio EPA)
- Environmental Coordinator for a city’s Public Works department