The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of Mount Union is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.ABET.org. You will develop the critical thinking skills to solve complex problems, understand how things work in the world, and create the next technology innovations to help society.
The mechanical engineering program is a four-year degree offered at Mount Union. The major is one of five four-year engineering degrees in the School of Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Major Quick Facts
The mechanical engineering program requires 128-credit hours of coursework, which also fulfills the University’s requirements for its general education program, the Integrative Core. Mount Union’s mechanical engineering major provides an experience that stems from its “ Four Pillars of Exceptional Engineering Education ”.
Why Choose Engineering at Mount Union?
- 100% placement rate to careers in industry or graduate schools for the class of 2019
- Over 94% placement rate in paid engineering internships
- Small classes with strong bonds between the students and faculty members
- Intense, hands-on education through projects, labs, internships and field experiences
- Strong liberal arts culture that emphasizes graduating students with strong communication skills
- New and state-of-the-art labs, housed in a recently-renovated engineering building and a separate engineering lab facility
- Yearlong capstone senior design courses with projects directly from industry, narrowing the gap between real-world engineering and education