The University of Mount Union will be conducting its annual holiday shut down from Monday, December 23, 2019, through Wednesday, January 1, 2020. The University will reopen at 8 a.m. on Thursday, January 2. The holiday shut down schedule is set as follows:
- Monday, December 23, 2019 All offices closed
- Tuesday, December 24, 2019 All offices closed
- Wednesday, December 25, 2019 All offices closed
- Thursday, December 26, 2019 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Friday, December 27, 2019 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Monday, December 30, 2019 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Tuesday, December 31, 2019 All offices closed
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 All offices closed
All University offices will open at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- Saturday, December 21, 2019 – Wednesday, January 1, 2020 Closed
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday, January 3, 2020 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, January 4, 2020 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday, January 5, 2020 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Campus Security will remain in force 24 hours a day during this holiday period and can be reached by cellular phone at: (330) 428-1344.
- As always, the Alliance Police Department and the Alliance Fire Department will be available throughout this period. The Campus Security staff will be monitoring all of our facilities daily and will notify the appropriate personnel in the Physical Plant in case of an emergency or in case of inclement weather for snow and ice removal.
The Library will be closed during the holiday break from December 21 through January 1, 2020. Normal business hours will resume on January 2, 2020.
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will not be staffed after 4 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2019. During that time, a recorded message will inform callers that Mount Union is closed until December 26 and will direct the caller to the security cell phone in the case of an emergency. Campus Security will log each call it receives and take any necessary steps to resolve the call. Callers will also be given the option of leaving a message throughout this time as well.
The switchboard will reopen in the Hoover-Price Campus Center on Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 9 a.m. and will be staffed by a student worker during the normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. After 4 p.m., callers will hear a similar recorded message as detailed above.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The following offices will be closed but will be checking and responding to voice mail: Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Gartner Welcome Center, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of the Registrar, Office of Marketing, and Office of Human Resources.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., December 23, 26, 27, 30, and 31.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, December 27, and Monday, December 30 in order for the window to be open.
- U.S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office on December 23, 26, 27, and 30. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Business Office and the Office of University Advancement between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held until normal mail service resumes on January 2, 2020.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this shutdown for daily checks on servers.
On December 23, 26, 27, and 30, the Physical Plant will have at least one staff member from each department (housekeeping, grounds, maintenance, and fleet) working from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, at least one supervisor will be on campus during this time to assist. These employees will be assigned to various tasks to maintain an overall presence on campus.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the period but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the shutdown.
- Food Service will be closed after dinner on Thursday evening, December 12, 2019 through Saturday, January 11, 2020, reopening for dinner on Sunday, January 12, 2020.
- B&B Cafe will be closed beginning Friday, December 20, 2019 at 2 p.m. through Wednesday, January 1, 2020. The B&B will be open January 2 and 3, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. During the week of January 6 - 10 the operating hours will be 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. Starting Monday, January 13, 2020 the B&B will be open their normal operating hours.
- The University Store will be open on Monday, December 23 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., and will be closed for the remainder of the shutdown. It will reopen Thursday, January 2, 2020. All deliveries will be made to the Physical Plant throughout the holiday period.