The foreign language minor at the University of Mount Union offers students the opportunity to make themselves more marketable in our global society and will prepare them for careers in a variety of fields. Students will gain an understanding of world languages and cultures, preparing them for a diverse world.
The minor programs in world languages are administered by the Department of World Languages at Cultures which offers programs in French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
Minor in World Languages Quick Facts
- Students minoring in a world language will be able to gain hands-on experience by studying abroad or participating in a service-learning trip.
- Alpha Mu Gamma is a national foreign language honorary.
- Association of International Students is a student-led organization on Mount Union’s campus that works with international and domestic students to create a welcoming community on campus for people of all cultures and nationalities.
- Study Abroad Club is a student-led organization on campus that seeks to provide a community to those who have studied abroad through sharing cultural experiences and also wish to continue an interest in international education.
- Hispanic Organization Latin America (H.O.L.A.) is a student-led organization on campus that seeks to educate the community on Hispanic culture and diversity.