Skip to Content

Military Education Benefits

Military Education Benefits at the University of Mount Union

The University of Mount Union proudly supports those students eligible for educational opportunities for military members, veterans, and their families. As an eligible active military personnel, reservist, veteran, or family member, students may use their educational benefits such as Tuition Assistance, Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Yellow Ribbon Program, Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®, Chapter 1606 Selective Reserve Montgomery GI Bill®, Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, Fry Scholarship, and Chapter 35 Survivor and Dependents Assistance. For more information regarding these VA Educational Benefits, students can visit

To learn more about military education benefits at the University of Mount Union, please contact the University’s VA Certifying Official, Dr. Bryan J. Boatright, dean of graduate, digital and continuing education and associate vice president for academic affairs, at (330) 823-6596 or

Students wishing to utilize their military benefits should review information on benefits and opportunities available through the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). These agencies offering these benefits provide the ultimate approval of a student’s ability to use a particular benefit.

Prospective eligible service members utilizing Tuition Assistance (TA) must receive approval from an Educational Services Office (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling. Prospective students must apply for the program and receive approval before starting classes and may be required to develop an education plan or complete TA orientation. To learn more, students should contact their ESO, visit their local installation education center, visit a virtual education center online, or visit a service branch online.

The University of Mount Union also participates in the Army ROTC program and Air Force ROTC program. For more information about ROTC programs at Mount Union, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at (330) 823-6018.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits is available at the official U.S. Government website at