The University of Mount Union is conducting its annual shutdown from 5 p.m. Friday, December 21 through Tuesday, January 1. The University will reopen at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2. The holiday shut down schedule is set as follows:
- Monday, December 24, 2018 — All offices closed
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018 — All offices closed
- Wednesday, December 26, 2018 — Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site
- Thursday, December 27, 2018 — Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site
- Friday, December 28, 2018 — Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site
- Monday, December 31, 2018 — All offices closed except University Advancement
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019 — All offices closed
All University offices will open at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 — 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool TBA
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 — 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Pool Closed
- Sunday, December 16, 2018 — 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Pool Closed
- Monday, December 17 – Friday, December 21, 2018 — 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool TBA
- Saturday, December 22 – Tuesday, January 1, 2019 — CLOSED
- Wednesday, January 2 – Friday, January 4, 2019 — 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool Hours TBA
- Saturday, January 5, 2019 — 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Pool Closed
- Sunday, January 6, 2019 — 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Pool Closed
- Monday, January 7 – Friday, January 11 — 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool TBA
Campus Security will remain in force 24 hours a day during this holiday period and can be reached by cellular phone at: (330) 428-1344.
As always, the Alliance Police Department and the Alliance Fire Department will be available throughout this period. The Campus Security staff will be monitoring all of our facilities daily and will notify the appropriate personnel in the Physical Plant in case of an emergency or in case of inclement weather for snow and ice removal.
The Library will be closed during the holiday break from December 22 through January 1. Normal business hours will resume on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2018. The switchboard will reopen in the Hoover-Price Campus Center on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 9 a.m.
From 5 p.m. on December 21, 2018 until reopening on December 26, 2018, a recorded message will inform callers that the University of Mount Union is closed and will direct the caller to the security cell phone in the case of an emergency. Campus Security will log each call it receives and take any necessary steps to resolve the call. Callers will also be given the option of leaving a message to selected departments throughout this time as well.
From December 26 through December 28, the switchboard will be staffed by a student worker during the normal business hours of 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. After 4 p.m., callers will hear a similar recorded message as detailed above. The information desk located in the HPCC will reopen at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Admission, Office of Student Financial Services, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of Marketing, Office of Human Resources, Payroll, Office of Student Affairs and Residence Life and the Office of the University Registrar will be closed but will be checking and responding to voice mail. The Office of the University Registrar will not be processing transcript requests during this time but will resume processing those requests on January 2nd.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on December 26, 27, 28, and 31.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working each day from 10 a.m. to noon from December 26 through December 28 in order for the window to be open and mail to be processed.
- S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office on December 26, 27, and 28 at 8:30 a.m. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Business Office and the Office of University Advancement between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held until normal mail service resumes on January 2, 2019.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this period for daily checks on servers.
Student Health Center
The Student Health Center will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2018 and will resume normal hours Monday, January 7, 2019. Phone messages will be checked throughout the break.
In the event of an illness or injury, the following urgent cares are available;
Hometown Urgent Care Family Care Now
- 1939 W. State Street 506 W. Main St.
- Alliance, OH Louisville, OH
- Weekdays: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Weekdays: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Weekends: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Weekends: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 330-238-4455 330-875-5625
*In the event of an emergency, please use Alliance Community Hospital Emergency Room
On December 26, 27, and 28 the Physical Plant will have at least one staff member from each department (housekeeping, fleet/grounds and maintenance) working from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, at least one supervisor will be on campus during this time to assist. These employees will be assigned to various tasks to maintain an overall presence on campus.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the period but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the period.
- The Kresge Dining Hall will be closed after dinner on Thursday, December 13, 2018 and will reopen for dinner on Sunday January 13, 2019.
- B&B Café operating hours will be 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. weekdays, beginning Thursday, December 13, 2018 through Friday, December 21, 2018. The B&B Café will be closed beginning December 21, 2018, and re-open Wednesday, January 2, 2019 with weekday operating hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. through January 5, 2019. Monday, January 14, 2019 normal business hours resume.
- The KHIC Start Café will close at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 13, 2018 and will resume normal business hours Monday, January 7, 2019.
University Store Hours:
Friday, December 21 — 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
December 22 – January 1 — Closed
Wednesday, January 2 — 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.