All courses at the University of Mount Union share these common syllabus elements. Every course syllabus fully incorporates, supports, and imposes the following policies and information which are universally applicable to all courses at Mount Union:
- University academic integrity and honesty policies and procedures related to cheating and plagiarism
- University policies including diversity, mission, and intellectual property
- Students’ civil and academic rights, Title IX, and the UMU processes to file related grievances
- Campus resources and offices that support student success, health, and wellness
- Accessibility and technology support, and resources for students with short and long-term disabilities
Students are responsible for reviewing the information on this page in its entirety online and are expected to have read and understand all syllabus elements.
Course Flexibility during Fall 2020 Instruction
Every course syllabus is subject to change at the discretion of the instructor, and in unpredictable times students should expect, anticipate, and plan for change as a likely part of the semester. Flexibility will be more important than ever on the part of students to adapt to changes that may have to occur to course instruction. Changes may come with little advanced notice, could impact the way in which the class meets and conducts coursework, and may be temporary or last the semester-long. It is important to remember that your Mount Union email account is the official method of communication and will be used by University faculty and officials to communicate any notices, updates, or changes regarding your courses and all other aspects of your University life. View the latest updates regarding the University’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak and campus plans for Fall 2020.