Skip to Content

Office of Human Resources

The Office of Human Resources affirms the importance of reason, open inquiry, living faith, and individual worth. As such, the Office of Human Resources philosophy establishes a clear and decisive link between the University, the faculty and staff of the University, and the surrounding community.

  1. ADA

    Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with a disability unless the employer can demonstrate that doing so creates an undue hardship to the employer or poses a direct threat to the safety of the employee or others in the workplace. An accommodation may include a change to the work environment or to the way in which a job is usually performed.

    The accommodation process involves an in-depth review of the job requirements and the limitations or performance problems the employee's disability creates to identify changes or modifications that will allow the employee to perform the essential duties of his or her job.  If you need to request a reasonable accommodation, you may submit a completed request form found below to for consideration. 

    ADA Request

  2. Benefits

    Holiday Schedule

    The University has an approved calendar-year holiday schedule of University holidays and closings.

    Fringe Benefits

    Additional benefits are available to faculty, administrators, hourly staff, and full time coaches of the University. Benefits include use of campus fitness and library facilities, discounts, on campus dining, free entrance to campus events, undergraduate education assistance, and more.

    Tickets at Work

    Tickets at Work provides University faculty and staff to exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Vegas shows, and more!

    Tickets at Work Instructions

  3. Dental and Vision Insurance


    Humana is our Dental and Vision Care Provider. 

    Remember to use in-network providers in order to receive the best pricing and discounts.


    Dental Insurance


    Digital Membership Card and App Instructions


    Vision Insurance

    The Basic Vision Plan is packaged with your dental coverage.

    Vision 100 Buy-Up Plan

    How to Find a Vision Provider

  4. Employee Assistance Program

    Employee Assistance Program-Impact Solutions

    The University of Mount Union is proud to make available to you the Impact Employee Assistance & Work/Life Program (EAP), offering confidential support for you, your spouse/partner, household members, dependents living in and away from home and parents & parents-in-law.

    Employee Assistance Program

  5. HSA and FSA Informations

    Health Savings Account (HSA)

    The University of Mount Union offers you the opportunity to pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses on a pre-tax basis through a health savings account. In order to participate in an HSA, you must participate in a high-deductible health plan (HDHP), such as the Silver HSA or the Bronze HSA plan.

    Your per pay contribution to the HSA can be adjusted on a monthly basis, as long as you are still a participant of a HDHP. The monies you contribute to the HSA are yours to keep, even if your employment with the university terminates.  While this section is a summary of the current provisions of this policy, the terms of the actual policy govern in the event of a conflict. (See your official document or the Office of Human Resources for details.)

    HSA Information


    Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

    The University of Mount Union offers you the opportunity to pay for uninsured medical expenses and costs of dependent day care on a pre-tax basis through flexible spending accounts. 

    Elections under these plans must be made during the annual Group Health plan open enrollment period, unless you experience a change in family status. Reimbursement from your account can only be made for eligible expenses incurred during the plan year and submitted within 90 days after the plan year ends on December 31, or within 90 days if your full-time employment terminates. While this section is a summary of the current provisions of this policy, the terms of the actual policy govern in the event of a conflict. (See your official document or the Office of Human Resources for details.)

    FSA Information

  6. Life Insurance

    Life Insurance

    The University of Mount Union offers a Life Insurance benefit, voluntary life insurance, and a travel assistance prgram for all full-time employees.

    Travel Assistance Program

    Travel Assistance Plan and Description 

  7. Medical Insurance

    Medical Insurance

    AultCare is the University of Mount Union's medical provider. The University offers four plan designs, including PPO and HSA plans. Coverage tiers available are employee only, employee + spouse, employee + children, and family. AultmanNow is available 24/7, 365 days a year for urgent health care needs. OptumRx is the University's pharmacy provider. 

    Benefit Summary

    Benefits Comparison

  8. MVR Information and Forms

    MVR Information

    In order to drive a University vehicle, you must complete a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check. The MVR is required annually.

    Once these two documents are provided to Human Resources, we will provide you with online instructions and a link to complete your MVR. 

    If this is the first time you have requested to drive a University vehicle, you are also required to complete an online Defensive Driving course. Access to the course will be emailed directly to you once the forms are received. The course needs to be renewed every three years.

    There is a charge to complete an MVR, so only register if you will need to drive a University vehicle.

  9. Remote or Flexible Work

    In an effort to accommodate staff who can, and may, need to flex their regular work hours or work remotely, the Flexible/Remote Work Request Form and Agreement has been established and is available to you. 

    Flexible or Remote Work Request and Agreement

    Work From Home Policy

  10. TIAA and Retirement Information

    To help employees prepare for retirement, the University of Mount Union offers a defined contribution retirement plan from TIAA. Newly hired full-time employees are eligible to receive a monthly contribution to their retirement plan after one full year of service. All employees are able to contribute their own funds to a retirement account with TIAA. 

    TIAA Plan Description

    Retirement Information (TIAA)

    The University of Mount Union offers a defined contribution plan administered by Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA). 

    Summary Plan Description


    Phased Retirement for Faculty

    Phased Retirement Program for Faculty and Application


    Retiree Insurance Information

    For employees that have worked at the institution for 20 years and have obtained age 65, the University offers a retiree insurance program. The employee is required to have been covered under the active employee health insurance program on their retirement date in order to be eligible for the retiree insurance program. If a spouse is also covered under the active employee health insurance program, the spouse is also eligible to participate in the retiree insurance program. You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B to enroll

    • Mount Union provides a $50 monthly subsidy per covered individual, directly to the provider, for the retiree insurance program you select. 
    • Insurance providers include PrimeTime Health Plan through AultCare, and United Healthcare through AARP.  
    • Plan options include 2 Advantage Plans and 3 Supplemental Plans.

  11. Staff Benevolent Fund

    The Mount Union Staff Benevolent Fund is established to assist University staff with financial assistance to aid them in meeting a financial crisis or hardship. The financial assistance is short-term in nature and will normally be given in the form of a taxable cash benefit.

    Who is eligible: All hourly staff of the University of Mount Unio​​n who have been employed a minimum of one year.

    How to apply: Staff members are required to submit the Staff Benevolent Fund Application which identifies the emergency situation and provide appropriate documentation to verify need to the Office of Human Resources.

    Applicants are encouraged to submit with their application all information they feel may be necessary to thoroughly evaluate their request.

    Are there any limits to the amounts that can be requested: Applicants will be awarded no more than the documented amount needed, up to a maximum limit of $250 per calendar year (the maximum amount may be increased given extreme extenuating circumstances). Distributions from the fund cannot exceed the available fund balance.

    How you can contribute to the fund: The Staff Benevolent Fund has no requirement for the repayment of financial awards. Donations to the Fund are welcome and can be made through the Office of University Advancement or payroll deduction.

    Staff Benevolent Fund Guidelines

    Submit Staff Benevolent Fund Request

  12. Volunteers on Campus

    If you have an individual volunteering for your department, below is the process and paperwork that needs completed BEFORE they begin volunteering. Do not forget to include in the paperwork the period of time in which the individual will be volunteering. 

    Volunteer Process

    • All volunteers must complete a background screening, volunteer application/agreement and volunteer policy packet annually
    • Notify Human Resources (HR) of the potential volunteer.
    • HR will send the potential volunteer the instructions to complete a successful background screening, and motor vehicle record screening (MVR) if necessary, prior to start date.
    • Once HR receives successful background screening results, and MVR if necessary, HR will notify the volunteer supervisor of the results and send the volunteer application/agreement and volunteer policy packet to the volunteer and supervisor.
    • The volunteer supervisor must sign off and send all paperwork to Human Resources (HR). Paperwork can be sent electronically. 


    Volunteer Paperwork

    Volunteer Record Form

    Volunteer Application and Agreement

    Volunteer Policy Packet