Skip to Content

Transfer Student Checklist

Fall 2024 Semester

Benefit from high-caliber programs. Learn from engaged faculty. Study with other motivated students. Mount Union is where you'll find the connections and resources that will set you apart.

Now that you've been admitted to the University, we encourage you to take these easy steps that will keep you right on track to begin your college experience at Mount Union.

Note: The Transfer Student Checklist below is for students enrolling at the University of Mount Union for the fall 2024 semester.

Secure Your Spot

Mount Union classroom with professor and students
Access Your Admitted Student Self-Service Account

Once you are admitted to the University of Mount Union, you will receive information about accessing your Admitted Student Self-Service Account within one business day of your acceptance. This account will allow you to view your Financial Aid offer (once available) and submit your deposit to secure your spot at Mount Union. Click here to access your admitted student self-service account. Information about how to access this account can be found in your application portal.

Complete the FAFSA Online

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to determine your student aid eligibility based on your personal and family situation. If you are a first-time user, you will be required to create an FSA ID. It allows users to access personal information on federal student aid websites as well as to sign a FAFSA. Visit the website to file your FAFSA today. Mount Union's school code is 003083.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding financial aid or the FAFSA, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (330) 823-2674 or 

Pay Your Deposit

If admitted to Mount Union, candidates must submit a $150 enrollment deposit before the intended enrollment term. A deposit submitted for a student who has not been admitted will be immediately refunded to the charged credit card or respective check holder. If accepted for the fall semester, your deposit is refundable on or before July 1 before the fall enrollment term. This deposit is required before your start date for the fall semester.

Payment Options

  • Pay your deposit online on the Pay Your Deposit web page. To access this option, you must log in to your admitted student self-service account.
  • You can also send a check or money order and the Enrollment Confirmation Form (included with the student’s acceptance letter) to Office of Admission, 1972 Clark Avenue, Alliance, Ohio 44601.
Set-Up Your Mount Union Email

Once your email account is ready, you will receive an email indicating that you can access your email address, username, and temporary password. You'll access this information through your application portal. Once your email has been created, your admitted student account will transition into your full University Account, as part of this process your password will have been reset. You can view your University Account login information on your application portal. Please note your University Account is different than your Application Portal Account. Therefore, your username and password may be different for each. Once you have your University Account login information, you can use it to access your University Account and set up your UMU email address.

Register for Preview (Orientation Part 1)

You will receive an email when Preview registration opens in mid-May. By participating in the Preview experience, you'll have the chance to learn about campus resources, meet other new students, and finalize your first-semester course schedule! Visit the New Student Programs webpage for more information.

Enroll in Road to Raider

Once you receive your Mount Union email address, you can enroll in the Road to Raider course and familiarize yourself with Mount Union’s learning management system, the online component of your classes. Within this course, you will find similar items listed within this checklist and required training and additional resources.

Complete Necessary Forms

Mount Union students walking on campus
Complete New Student Housing or Commuter Application

All students must complete the Housing or Commuter application through MyHousing. Students will receive an email when these forms are ready to be completed in early May. Login information is the same username (omit “") and password as your UMU Email.


Residency Requirement

At Mount Union, we believe that the residential experience can significantly contribute to a student's overall collegiate experience. A great deal of learning takes place on any college or university campus that occurs outside of the classroom. As such, the University of Mount Union has a 2-year residency requirement. However, if you live within 30 driving miles, you may choose to commute from your permanent home address. Additionally, after you've attended college for four semesters after high school, you may choose to live off-campus locally.

Complete the Health Center Forms

Complete your required Health Center Forms and mail them to the Student Health Center prior to your arrival on campus. Please include only the Health Center forms in your envelope and address them to:

Health Center

University of Mount Union

1972 Clark Ave.

Alliance, OH 44601

For more information regarding health requirements prior to arrival, please visit the Health Center’s webpage.

Complete the Student Financial Aid Forms

Financial aid forms must be completed if you are planning to attend Mount Union and utilize financial aid. You may view a list of missing documents by accessing your Colleague Self-Service account and clicking on “Complete Required Documents” on your Financial Aid checklist. You will also need to complete any items listed as “Action Needed” in your checklist on Self-Service. You can access the electronic forms through the links provided in Self-Service. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at or (330) 823-2674 if you have any questions concerning your requirements.

Pay Your Bill and Set Up a Payment Plan

Mount Union student studying in the library
Complete the Office of Business Affairs Documents

The Office of Student Accounts, which is housed within the Office of Business Affairs, requires that all students complete multiple forms. These forms are detailed in the Payment Checklist, section 2. Please submit these forms by accessing them electronically by clicking on the username icon in the upper-right corner of your Self-Service Portal. A drop-down menu will appear.  Click on “Required Agreements” and click on the manage button which will open both the Tuition Payment Agreement and the Federal Title IV Authorization. You will need to accept the Tuition Payment Agreement and have the option to either accept or decline the Federal Title IV Authorization.

(NOTE: Both forms are only signed once during your time at the University. Should you not receive federal aid this year but may decide to use federal loans or other federal aid in the future you will want to “accept” the Title IV Authorization now. It will not harm you to accept even though you are not receiving federal aid). Once you have accepted/declined you will not be able to change your selection.

Optional documents include the View/Add Proxy Access form (also located on the drop-down menu) which gives access to parents/family members and consent to discuss billing information.

View and Make a Plan to Pay Your Bill

The Payment Checklist details the various steps in the payment process including billing details, important dates, and payment options. Information regarding how to access your bill and/or pay your bill can be found on the Payment Checklist, sections 3 and 4.

Set up Direct Deposit for Refunds

If your account has a credit balance due to an overpayment from excess financial aid or student/parent loans you will receive a credit refund. The credit balance will show as a negative amount on your statement. We recommend students choose Direct Deposit as their preferred refund method. By electing this method, the University will electronically transfer funds into a checking or savings account selected by the student. The funds are typically received within 48 hours after processing. Click here for instructions on how to register your account for Direct Deposit. A method of return should be selected by the beginning of the semester.

Send Final Transcripts and Scores

Mount Union students walking on campus
Submit all final transcripts, AP scores, and post-secondary, CCP, or dual-credit transcripts

The University of Mount Union requires that you submit your final high school transcript and, if applicable, post-secondary, CCP, or dual-credit transcripts.

Additionally, if you have scores for AP, IB, or CLEP exams, have those scores sent to Mount Union as well. 

To view the Advanced Placement Exam list, view the Credit for IB, AP, or CLEP webpage.

All scores and transcripts can be sent to the University electronically or you can have them mailed to:

Office of Admission
University of Mount Union
1972 Clark Ave.
Alliance, OH 44601

Please note that your final high school transcript needs to be received by the University of Mount Union in order for you to register for classes beyond your first semester.

Plan Your Arrival

Mount Union students walking on campus
Complete Required Online Programs

The University of Mount Union believes that it is essential that students entering a University be educated on the topics of alcohol education, substance abuse, sexual violence prevention, and other University expectations. You will receive an email in late July regarding a program to complete in order to meet these requirements.

Mark Your Calendar for Move-In

Information about move-in dates for the fall 2024 semester will be coming soon.

If you will be moving in early for a University-sponsored activity or sport, please contact your coach or director for more information. If you need to move into your campus housing early, please email the Office of Residence Life at

Attend Fall Orientation

Fall Orientation is part of an ongoing and multi-faceted transition process for new Mount Union students, which involves academic, intellectual, and personal development pursuits. Fall Orientation is required for all new transfer students. More information regarding Fall Orientation will be announced as soon as details are finalized.

Arrange for Airport Transportation

If you need transportation from an airport to campus, please complete the Transportation Request Form.

Register for Parking

If you plan to bring a car to campus, you will need to complete the Vehicle Registration Form. Visit Safety and Parking for more information. Don’t forget to put the cell number for campus safety and security number - (330) 428-1344 - in your phone.

Get Your Textbooks

The Raider Ready program provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes, and digital textbook versions to students.

Watch for an email about 30 days before classes begin regarding Raider Ready to confirm your course materials for the upcoming semester. Please open the email, confirm all materials look accurate, choose to ship or pick up at the University Store, enter your phone number, check both boxes to agree to the terms, and submit.

If you are not receiving these emails, you may visit the University Store website to order your textbooks through Raider Ready. On the website, please click on "Retrieve Materials" and follow the above steps after logging in. For any questions, contact the University Store via email at or call (330) 823-2085.

Explore Student Employment Opportunities

Earn money and gain practical experience through student employment opportunities! On-campus and federal work-study openings are listed on Handshake. Make sure to contact Financial Aid for any positions that mention Federal Work Study to check your eligibility.