Skip to Content

Immigration Information

International students typically need a visa to enter the United States.  Students planning to come to Mount Union for a degree program will want to apply for a F-1 student visa.  Students planning to come for a short period of time as an exchange visitor will want to apply for a J-1 exchange visitor visa.  To apply for a F-1 or J-1 visa in your home country, students will need to obtain an I-20 document (F-1 students) or a DS-2019 document (J-1 students) from Mount Union.  Once you have received your I-20 or DS-2019 document from Mount Union, then you may schedule the appropriate visa appointment at the U.S. Consulate in your home country.

To obtain an I-20 or DS-2019 from Mount Union, please make sure you submit the following documents to the Office of International Admission:

  1. Copy of the biographical page of your passport
  2. Completed Commitment of Financial Backing (CFB) Form or Affidavit of Support Form
  3. Bank statement showing enough money to cover at least one year’s worth of expenses (tuition, fees, living expenses, and cost of health insurance)
  4. For students transferring from another U.S. institution, please complete the SEVIS Transfer-in Form

Documents may be scanned and sent to:  Once the I-20 or DS-2019 is processed, it will be shipped directly to the student.  Originals must be used for the visa appointment. 

Immigration Resources

Utilize these resources to find additional information regarding immigration.