The Bachelor of Science in civil engineering degree at the University of Mount Union is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.ABET.org. Our civil engineering program prides itself on providing individual attention to help students become proficient in structural, hydraulic and environmental, geotechnical, and construction engineering, and provides students with hands-on experiences and internship opportunities throughout their undergraduate career.
Civil Engineering Quick Facts
The civil engineering program requires 134-credit hours of coursework, which also fulfills the University’s requirements for its general education program, the Integrative Core. Mount Union’s civil engineering major provides an experience that stems from its “Four Pillars of Exceptional Engineering Education.”
Why Choose Engineering at Mount Union?
- 100% placement rate to careers in industry or graduate schools for the class of 2019
- Over 94% placement rate in paid engineering internships
- Small classes with strong bonds between the students and faculty members
- Intense, hands-on education through projects, labs, internships and field experiences
- Strong liberal arts culture that emphasizes graduating students with strong communication skills
- New and state-of-the-art labs, housed in a recently-renovated engineering building and a separate engineering lab facility
- Yearlong capstone senior design courses with projects directly from industry, narrowing the gap between real-world engineering and education