The University of Mount Union’s direct-entry and post baccalaureate accelerated tracks for the baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
With new state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including high fidelity simulators, of our nursing program allows students to be immersed in a setting that will help them master skills through hands-on experiences.
Direct Entry Bachelor of Science
Students enrolled in the direct-entry nursing program at Mount Union will start in nursing courses their freshman year and participate in nursing clinical practicums beginning in their second year. A rigorous curriculum with roots in the liberal arts tradition combined with extensive clinical practicum opportunities prepares students to be leaders in the nursing profession.
Direct Entry Bachelor of Science Quick Facts
The University of Mount Union’s four-year, direct-entry BSN program benefits and advantages:
- Students are admitted directly into the BSN Program as a freshman – no waiting list
- Students are immediately introduced to nursing coursework, allowing for more opportunities to explore the different areas of nursing
- Students will have the freedom to engage with peers and work with one another while learning without the pressure of competing for spots in the nursing program
- Newly built, state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including a simulation intensive care unit
- Our Bachelor of Science consists of 128 credit hours, including a liberal arts integrative core to prepare student to be holistic health care providers.
- 98% first-time passage rate of the NCLEX-RN.
Post Baccalaureate Accelerated Bachelor of Science
The Post Baccalaureate Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at the University of Mount Union is customized for adult learners with a previous bachelor’s degree in any all areas of the sciences and arts. The program provides a rigorous curriculum and the hands-on clinical experiences that make our graduates sought after by our health care partners upon graduation. This fast-paced program prepares students to enter the work force in just 15 months.
Post Baccalaureate Accelerated Bachelor of Science Quick Facts
- Complete the accelerated BSN program in as little as 15 months
- One of the most affordable accelerated BSN programs in North East Ohio
- Learn from outstanding faculty who are also active professionals in the field
- New health and medical sciences facility equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms
- Simulation integrated into all lab and clinical courses
- Electronic medical records system incorporated into the curriculum
- Benefit from Mount Union’s strong clinical affiliation agreements
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) recommends that the BSN become the entry-level degree for professional nurses. According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, careers for nurses are projected to increase 15% with 438,100 more nursing jobs needed by 2026. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the U.S. Nurses make up the majority of the healthcare industry.