The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at the University of Mount Union is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org) and approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
With new state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including high fidelity simulators, of our nursing program allows students to be immersed in a setting that will help them master skills through hands-on experiences.
Students enrolled in the direct-entry nursing program at Mount Union will start in nursing courses their freshman year and participate in nursing clinical practicums beginning in their second year. A rigorous curriculum with roots in the liberal arts tradition combined with extensive clinical practicum opportunities prepares students to be leaders in the nursing profession.
Direct-Entry Bachelor of Science Quick Facts
The University of Mount Union’s four-year, direct-entry BSN program benefits and advantages:
- Students are admitted directly into the BSN Program as a freshman – no waiting list
- Students are immediately introduced to nursing coursework, allowing for more opportunities to explore the different areas of nursing
- Students will have the freedom to engage with peers and work with one another while learning without the pressure of competing for spots in the nursing program
- Newly built, state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including a simulation intensive care unit
- Our Bachelor of Science consists of 128 credit hours, including a liberal arts integrative core to prepare student to be holistic health care providers.
- 98% first-time passage rate of the NCLEX-RN.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) recommends that the BSN become the entry-level degree for professional nurses. According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, careers for nurses are projected to increase 15% with 438,100 more nursing jobs needed by 2026. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the U.S. Nurses make up the majority of the healthcare industry.
Completion and NCLEX-RN Passage Rates
|Calendar Year||Traditional Retention Rates||ABSN Retention Rates||Traditional Pass Rate||ABSN Pass Rate||Total Program Pass Rate||Ohio||National Average for Baccalaureate Degree*|