The University of Mount Union’s Bachelor of Arts in English program explores writing from the past and the present to develop its students into eloquent and persuasive communicators. English majors will explore a wide variety of concepts through courses in literature and writing with the help of dedicated faculty.
English Major Quick Facts
The English program requires 44 credit hours of coursework specific to the major, with an additional 32 hours for the Integrative Core. The Integrative Core, Mount Union’s general education program, is designed to help students gain experience in communication, and English majors have several opportunities to join organizations related to their field:
- Mount Union’s Digital Writing and Oral Communication (DWOC) Studio
- The Dynamo - Mount Union’s student-led newspaper for which English majors typically submit stories and articles
- Calliope - Mount Union’s literary and art magazine that accepts submissions for publication including poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, and artwork
- English Society - student-led organization dedicated to sharing literature with the community through service activities and campus events
- Sigma Tau Delta international English honor society
Mount Union’s Department of English has also been ranked #16 in Ohio as a most focused program in College Factual’s 2018 rankings.