The Huston-Brumbaugh Nature Center consists of people, programs, and places that work together to provide opportunities for learning about and enjoying nature.
Visit us at the Nature Center, where you can take a hike on the trails or a walk on the boardwalk, sit on a bench and smell the wildflowers or pet the farm animals, all while feeling the peace that only comes with such a natural area.
- The Nature Center is free and open to the public.
- The trails are open from dawn to dusk every day. View the trail map here.
- The Visitors Center and Bird Observatory are open all year. View their schedules here.
- The Nature Center provides accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- The Nature Center is constantly making improvements to trails and facilities. See the new bridge as part of the 2018 trail project here.
The trails remain open from sunrise to sunset daily. Visitors are asked to follow University guidelines and public health guidelines available at coronavirus.ohio.gov. Additionally, visitors are expected to follow the Nature Center’s visitor guidelines published on trail maps and trail posts throughout the property to ensure a safe, courteous, and pleasant experience for visitors and wildlife.
Trail maps and newsletters are now available outside the north entrance to the Visitors Center.
Questions, comments, or requests from the community may be directed to the Nature Center staff by phone (330-823-7487), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or social media (Facebook and Instagram). The staff are willing to remotely assist community members with plant/wildlife identifications from the region, answer questions about regional plants/wildlife, and assist teachers and parents of our local school students.