The University of Mount Union will be conducting its annual holiday shutdown from Friday, December 23, 2022, through Monday, January 2, 2023. The holiday shutdown schedule is set as follows:
- Friday, December 23, 2022 All offices closed
- Monday, December 26, 2022 All offices closed
- Tuesday, December 27, 2022 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Wednesday, December 28, 2022 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Thursday, December 29, 2022 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Friday, December 30, 2022 All offices closed
- Monday, January 2, 2023 All offices closed
All University offices will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
· Thursday, December 15, 2022 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
· Friday, December 16, 2022 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
· Saturday, December 17, 2022 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Sunday, December 18, 2022 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
· Monday, December 19, 2022 – Thursday, December 22, 2022 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
· Friday, December 23, 2022 – Monday, January 2, 2023 Closed
· Tuesday, January 3 – Friday, January 6, 2023 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
· Saturday, January 7, 2023 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Sunday, January 8, 2023 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Normal business hours in the MAAC will resume on Monday, January 9, 2023.
Mount Union Campus Security will remain in force 24 hours a day during this holiday period and can be reached by cellular phone at (330) 428-1344.
As always, the Alliance Police Department and the Alliance Fire Department will be available throughout this period. The Campus Security staff will be monitoring all campus buildings daily and will notify the appropriate personnel in the Physical Plant in case of an emergency or inclement weather for snow and ice removal.
The Library will be closed during the holiday break from December 23, 2022, through January 2, 2023. From January 3 through January 6, 2023, the library will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Normal business hours will resume on Monday, January 9, 2023.
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will not be staffed after 4 p.m. on Thursday, December 22, 2022. During that time, a recorded message will inform callers that the University of Mount Union is closed until Tuesday, December 27, 2022, and will direct the caller to the security cell phone in the case of an emergency. Campus Security will log each call it receives and take any necessary steps to resolve the call.
The switchboard will reopen in the Hoover-Price Campus Center on Tuesday, December 27, 2022, at 9 a.m. and will be staffed by a student worker until 4 p.m. through Thursday, December 29, 2022. In the times when the switchboard is not open, callers will hear a recorded message as detailed above.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The following offices will be closed but will be checking and responding to voice mail: Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Gartner Welcome Center, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of the Registrar, Office of Marketing, and Office of Human Resources.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday, December 27 through December 31, 2022. If you have an urgent matter, direct your call to (330) 823-2286.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, December 27 through Thursday, December 29, 2022, to open mail and have the cashier’s window open. If you have an urgent matter, direct your call to (330) 823-6554.
- U.S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office on December 27 through December 29, 2022. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Office of Business Affairs, Office of Admission, and the Office of University Advancement before noon on each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held, unless directed otherwise, until normal mail service resumes on January 3, 2023.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this shutdown for daily checks on servers.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the shutdown period but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the shutdown.
- The HPCC will be open Monday through Thursday, December 19-22, 2022, and Tuesday through Saturday, January 3-7, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Regular hours will resume on Sunday, January 8, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. that day. The Information Desk will also be open during the shutdown period on Tuesday through Thursday, December 27-29, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Food Service will be closed after dinner on Thursday, December 15, 2022, through Saturday, January 7, 2023, reopening for dinner on Sunday, January 8, 2023.
- The B&B Café will be closed beginning Wednesday, December 21, 2022, at 2 p.m. through Monday, January 2, 2023. The B&B will be open January 3 through January 6, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Beginning Monday, January 9, 2023, the B&B will be open its normal operating hours.
- The Barnes & Noble University Store will be closed for break from December 23, 2022, through January 2, 2023. It will reopen Tuesday, January 3, 2023. All deliveries will be made to the Physical Plant throughout the holiday period.
From December 27 through December 29, 2022, the Physical Plant will have at least one staff member from each department (housekeeping, grounds, maintenance/fleet) working from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For the supervisor on duty, please contact campus security, if needed. Physical Plant employees will be assigned to various tasks to maintain an overall presence on campus.