ALLIANCE, Ohio – Continuing its pattern of success, the University of Mount Union varsity esports program had 13 of its players across three games earn All-Conference honors in the Great Lakes Esports Conference for the Fall 2021 season.
The League of Legends and Overwatch teams each had five players selected at various levels and positions.
League of Legends:
- First Team Jungler - Henry Woofter of Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- First Team Mid - Billy Parry of Sugar Land, Texas
- First Team Support - Santino Diaz-Palma of Youngstown, Ohio
- Second Team ADC - Matt Porter of Akron, Ohio
- Second Team Top Lane - Jeremy Leyden of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- First Team DPS - Michael Frazier of East Palestine, Ohio
- Second Team DPS - Joey Aslakson of Springfield, Virginia
- Second Team Flex Support - Dylan Yoshida of Honolulu, Hawaii
- Second Team Main Tank - AJ Hammond of Hermitage, Pennsylvania
- Honorable Mention Off Tank - Jake Standish of Canton, Ohio
Although only offered since Spring 2021, Mount Union also had three players selected from its Super Smash Bros.: Ultimate team. Steven Greiner, of Hawthorn Woods, Illinois, was awarded first team honors, while Isaiah Acosta, of Buffalo, New York, and Connor Grandon, of New Franklin, Ohio were both named honorable mentions.
Mount Union’s esports program has scholarship opportunities available for eligible prospective students in the above games, as well as Rocket League and Valorant.