Bachelor of Arts in Marketing Degree
Discover your passion for promotion through the Bachelor of Arts in marketing degree from the University of Mount Union. Our comprehensive program will ensure you are prepared for a successful career in an array of industries.
You will develop important skills taught by faculty with years of industry experience and put those skills to work through projects that elevate local businesses. Whether you want to work for a major company, non-profit, or even start your own business, our marketing program will ensure you are ready for career success.
About the Program
The marketing major at Mount Union features a well-rounded education in areas employers are seeking, including integrated marketing communications, consumer behavior, and global strategy. You can also boost your professional network by joining our chapter of the American Marketing Association to connect with the best in the industry at its annual conference.
Our expert faculty have owned their own businesses and impacted their communities, and you will get the chance to collaborate with them on important research. Beneficial internship opportunities are also available with local agencies and regional corporations, further honing your talents to stand out in the crowd.
Marketing Quick Facts
- 60 credit hours within the marketing degree program
- 32 credit hours in the well-rounded Integrative Core
- Travel to conferences and seminars or through Study Abroad
- Intern with local or regional agencies and companies
- Impact small businesses in the community by developing a difference-making marketing plan
Learn more about the Degree in Marketing
Position yourself as an influential leader through the Bachelor of Arts in marketing degree at Mount Union. Gain meaningful experiences through internships and projects with real-world clients, all while preparing you to achieve your ambitious career goals.
As part of the University of Mount Union's marketing major requirements and curriculum, you will study the fundamentals of marketing including consumer behavior, applied strategy, integrated communications, research, and policies. You will be exposed to a wide variety of courses that will build skills necessary for a successful career in the world of business and marketing as you pursue a marketing degree at Mount Union.
- Students will demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of the global environment in which businesses operate
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of their own values
- Students will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and a capacity for service
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize when change is needed, adapt to change as it occurs, and lead change
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their personal interests, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses as they pertain to professional career fields.
- Students will demonstrate a basic understanding of career options available to them and will establish career objectives.
Students who choose to major in marketing at the University of Mount Union have ample opportunities to get “real-world” experience outside of the classroom. By getting involved in extracurricular opportunities and student organizations, you can strengthen your skills and knowledge of marketing, both of which are critical to a successful career in any marketing field. These opportunities, which supplement classroom learning, include:
- Internships in the field
- Project-driven coursework including the development of a comprehensive marketing plan for a real-world client
- Study abroad experience
- Service-learning opportunities
- Gain interview experience through mock interviews with industry professionals
- Independent research
- Research with faculty or student peers
- Research-based courses
American Marketing Association is a student-led organization on Mount Union’s campus, which offers students interested in advertising, sales, marketing research, public relations, and other marketing-related professions with opportunities to interact with a variety of experienced practitioners. Chapter activities include volunteer projects, fund-raisers, networking events, workshops, guest speakers, and site visits.
Delta Mu Delta is an honor society specifically for students with business related majors at ACBSP-accredited schools. Each member must maintain a 3.2 GPA and be within the top 20% of their program.
What can you do with a major in marketing? The better question might be “What can’t you do?” Business, industry, education, non-profit organizations, and government are just a few of the areas where marketing professionals can be found, and the University of Mount Union’s marketing degree program will prepare you for a successful and rewarding career in numerous marketing-related fields.
Knowledgeable marketers are in demand. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, growth in marketing careers in the years to come will be spurred by growing competition among providers of goods and services and the need to make those products or services stand out in the crowd. And, as the impact of traditional advertising through the media wanes, you can make your impact as an innovative marketer seeking new and different ways to advertise and promote products and services to customers.
Aegis Business Consultants
Avalon Golf and CC
Great Lakes Auto Network
The National Basketball Academy
Park Place Technologies
Recent Grad Schools
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland State University
Youngstown State University