The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at the University of Mount Union is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org) and approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
With new state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including high fidelity simulators, of our nursing program allows students to be immersed in a setting that will help them master skills through hands-on experiences.
The Post-baccalaureate Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at the University of Mount Union is customized for adult learners with a previous bachelor’s degree in any all areas of the sciences and arts. The program provides a rigorous curriculum and the hands-on clinical experiences that make our graduates sought after by our health care partners upon graduation. This fast-paced program prepares students to enter the work force in just 15 months.
Postbaccalaureate Accelerated Bachelor of Science Quick Facts
- Complete the accelerated BSN program in as little as 15 months
- One of the most affordable accelerated BSN programs in North East Ohio
- Learn from outstanding faculty who are also active professionals in the field
- New health and medical sciences facility equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms
- Simulation integrated into all lab and clinical courses
- Electronic medical records system incorporated into the curriculum
- Benefit from Mount Union’s strong clinical affiliation agreements
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) recommends that the BSN become the entry-level degree for professional nurses. According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, careers for nurses are projected to increase 15% with 438,100 more nursing jobs needed by 2026. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the U.S. Nurses make up the majority of the healthcare industry.
Completion and NCLEX-RN Passage Rates
2020 Post-Baccalaureate Accelerated Graduates – Completion Rate 86% - NCLEX-RN Pass Rate 100%