The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at the University of Mount Union is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org) and approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN).
With new state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including high fidelity simulators, of our nursing program allows students to be immersed in a setting that will help them master skills through hands-on experiences.
Students enrolled in the direct-entry nursing program at Mount Union will start in nursing courses their freshman year and participate in nursing clinical practicums beginning in their second year. A rigorous curriculum with roots in the liberal arts tradition combined with extensive clinical practicum opportunities prepares students to be leaders in the nursing profession.
Direct Entry Bachelor of Science Quick Facts
The University of Mount Union’s four-year, direct-entry BSN program benefits and advantages:
- Students are admitted directly into the BSN Program as a freshman – no waiting list
- Students are immediately introduced to nursing coursework, allowing for more opportunities to explore the different areas of nursing
- Students will have the freedom to engage with peers and work with one another while learning without the pressure of competing for spots in the nursing program
- Newly built, state-of-the-art nursing facilities, including a simulation intensive care unit
- Our Bachelor of Science consists of 128 credit hours, including a liberal arts integrative core to prepare student to be holistic health care providers.
- 98% first-time passage rate of the NCLEX-RN.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) recommends that the BSN become the entry-level degree for professional nurses. According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, careers for nurses are projected to increase 15% with 438,100 more nursing jobs needed by 2026. Nursing is one of the fastest-growing occupations in the U.S. Nurses make up the majority of the healthcare industry.
Completion and NCLEX-RN Passage Rates
Overall Completion Rate is 92% and NCLEX-RN Pass Rate is 98%
2013 Cohort – 84% (16/19) – NCLEX-RN Pass Rate 100%
2014 Cohort - 87% (26/30) – NCLEX-RN Pass Rate 100%
2015 Cohort – 100% (23/23) – NCLEX-RN Pass Rate 96%
2016 Cohort – 100% (21/21) – NCLEX-RN Pass Rate TBD