Department of Nursing Commitment: Nurses Who Show Up
Nurses are the backbone of healthcare, and they show up when it matters most. Whether it's the beginning or end of life, routine health checks, intensive care, community education, or disaster relief, nurses are there. We develop nurses who embody this commitment.
What Makes Our Nursing Department Unique
Immersive Clinical and Simulation Experiences
Join a team that values diversity and inclusion. Develop clinical decision-making skills to be an exceptional nurse who advocates for patients and communities. Engage in immersive simulations across various specialties and gain real-world experience through clinical rotations at top healthcare facilities.
Engage in immersive, hands-on simulation experiences in multiple specialties including:
- Adult care
- Critical care
- Community health scenarios
Experience clinical rotations and internship opportunities at outstanding healthcare facilities, such as:
- Aultman Health Foundation
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Salem Regional Medical Center
- Heartland Behavioral Healthcare
- Summa Health System
- University Hospitals
- Crossroads Hospice
- Local health departments
Supportive Environment for Your Success
Thrive in a welcoming environment that supports your professional and personal goals. Our direct-entry program allows you to learn collaboratively without the pressure of competing for spots in the nursing program. Pursue your interests outside of nursing, from athletics to the arts and more.
- The direct-entry nursing program provides the freedom to engage with peers and learn together without the pressure of competing for spots in the nursing program.
- Complete your nursing degree while you develop individual interests; such as athletics, honors program, performing arts, Greek life, or participation in any of the 90+ organizations on campus.
Proven Excellence in Nursing Education
Enroll in a high-quality program with a track record of success. Our graduates consistently excel in nursing practice, with NCLEX pass rates above 94%. Nearly all of our students complete their BSN degree, and our graduates highly recommend our program. Plus, they secure nursing jobs within six months of graduation, often with offers before graduating.
- First-time NCLEX Pass rates above 94% in all graduating cohorts since program began in 2013.
- 92% of students, who begin the sophomore nursing sequence, complete the BSN degree.
- 5% of graduates strongly agree/agree they would recommend the University of Mount Union’s nursing program to a friend.
- 100% of graduates are working as a nurse within 6 months of graduation; many have job offers prior to graduation.
- 100% of employers of our graduates strongly agree/agree they will continue to hire the University of Mount Union nurses.