Facilities Reopening Information
As part of its planning efforts, the institution has or is in the process of taking the following steps to prepare for a safe reopening.
The Physical Plant housekeeping team will clean and disinfect all buildings each day, Monday through Friday, before or after normal business hours. Additional disinfecting of high contact areas, including communal restrooms and shared shower facilities, will be cleaned an additional two times each business day. Weekend cleaning and disinfecting of all residence hall communal restrooms will also take place. In addition, the University will provide sanitizing materials for faculty, staff, and students who would like to clean and disinfect their own workspaces, rooms, or communal areas throughout the day.
The University uses a CDC-approved, hospital-grade disinfectant. Our cleaning practices follow all CDC and OSHA approved procedures.
In addition, the following steps have already or will also be taken on campus:
- Installation of signage in all campus buildings with the requirement of regular hand washing
- Installation of hand sanitizer stations in/or outside of every classroom, instructional lab, restroom, building entrance/exit area, stairway access door, elevator access door, and common area hallways
- Installation of signage emphasizing the use of facial coverings at all building entrance areas
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at all instructor stations in all classrooms and all instructional labs
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at all administrative reception entrance desks/stations
- Installation of plexiglass barriers in all faculty and staff offices if requested.