|English Proficienty Test||Minimum Score (ESL Bridge Coursework Required)||Minimum Score (No ESL Coursework Required)|
|TOEFL||61 iBT (500 PBT)||79 iBT (550 PBT)**|
|Duolingo English Test||85||100**|
|ACT (English Version)||21|
|SAT (Evidence-based and Critical Thinking and Writing Score)||590|
**Students that score between a 61 – 78 on the TOEFL, a 5.5 – 6.0 on the IELTS, OR a 85 – 99 on the Duolingo can be admitted to Mount Union, but will be required to enroll in at least 8 credits of English-as-a-Second Language (ESL) coursework within their first year
Those applicants who meet one of the following conditions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for waiver of an English proficiency test:
- Completion of a minimum of two English courses (non-ESL) at a U.S. high school with a minimum grade of B.
- Completion of secondary school (with at least 2 years of prior, continuous enrollment) from an English-speaking country (see chart below).
- Completion of an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum with a minimum score of 5 in the Diploma Programme, or a minimum score of 6 in the standard level English language examinations.
- Completion of the British Ordinary Level (O-level) English Language Exam (GCE/GCSE/IGCSE) with a Grade of B or higher.
- Completion of the British Advanced Level (A-level) English Language Exam (GCE/GCSE/IGCSE) with a Grade of C or higher.
- Completion of a minimum of 24 credit hours of academic (non-ESL) coursework at an accredited two or four-year postsecondary institution in the U.S. with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Completion of at least 1 year of postsecondary school (non-ESL) coursework from a recognized higher education institution in an English-speaking country (see chart below) with a minimum GPA of 2.0.