All members of the Mount Union faculty and staff are advised that the institution will be conducting its annual holiday shut down from Friday, December 24, 2021 through Sunday, January 2, 2022. The holiday shut down schedule is set as follows:
Friday, December 24, 2021 – All offices closed
Monday, December 27, 2021– Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
Tuesday, December 28, 2021 – Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
Wednesday, December 29, 2021 – Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
Thursday, December 30, 2021 – Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
Friday, December 31, 2021 – All offices closed
All University offices will open at 8 a.m. on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Every Saturday and Sunday over the holiday break – Closed
Monday, December 20, 2021 – Sunday, January 2, 2022 – Closed
Monday, January 3 - Friday, January 7, 2022 – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 8, 2022 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, January 9, 2022 – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Normal business hours will resume on January 10, 2022.
Mount Union Campus Safety and Security will remain in force 24 hours a day during this holiday period and can be reached by cellular phone at: (330) 428-1344
As always, the Alliance Police Department and the Alliance Fire Department will be available throughout this period. The Campus Safety and Security staff will be monitoring all of the campus buildings daily and will notify the appropriate personnel in the Physical Plant in case of an emergency or in case of inclement weather for snow and ice removal.
The Library will be closed during the holiday break from December 24, 2021, through January 2, 2022. Normal business hours will resume on January 3, 2022.
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will not be staffed after 4 p.m. on Thursday, December 23, 2021. During that time, a recorded message will inform callers that the University of Mount Union is closed until December 27 and will direct the caller to the security cell phone in the case of an emergency. Campus Safety and Security will log each call it receives and take any necessary steps to resolve the call.
The switchboard will reopen in the Hoover-Price Campus Center on Monday, December 27, 2021, at 9 a.m. and will be staffed by a student worker until 4 p.m. through Thursday, December 30, 2021. During the times that the Switchboard is not open, callers will hear a recorded message as detailed above.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The following offices will be closed but will be checking and responding to voice mail: Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Gartner Welcome Center, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of the Registrar, Office of Marketing, and Office of Human Resources.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., December 27 through December 30, 2021.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, December 28 through Thursday, December 30, 2021, to open the mail and have the cashier’s window open.
- U.S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office from December 27 through December 31, 2021. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Office of Business Affairs, Office of Admission, and Office of University Advancement before noon on each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held, unless directed otherwise, until normal mail service resumes on January 3, 2022.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this shutdown for daily checks on servers.
From December 27 through December 30, 2021, the Physical Plant will have at least one staff member from each department (housekeeping, grounds, maintenance/fleet) working from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For the supervisor on duty, please contact Campus Safety and Security, if needed. Physical Plant employees will be assigned to various tasks to maintain an overall presence on campus.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the period but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at the cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the shutdown.
- Food Service will be closed after dinner on December 16, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. through Saturday, January 8, 2022, reopening for dinner on Sunday, January 9, 2022.
- B&B Café will be closed beginning Thursday, December 23, 2021, at 2 p.m. through Sunday, January 2, 2022. The B&B will be open from January 3 through January 7, 2022, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Beginning Monday, January 10, 2022, the B&B will resume its normal operating hours.
- The Barnes & Noble University Store will be closed for the break from December 24 through January 2, 2022. It will reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022. All deliveries will be made to the Physical Plant throughout the holiday period.
Student Health Center
The Student Health Center will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, December 17, 2021, and will resume normal hours on Monday, January 3, 2022. Phone messages will be checked throughout the break.
In the event of an illness or injury, the following urgent cares are available:
- Well Now Urgent Care
- 1939 W. State St. Alliance, OH (330) 238-4455 Daily 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Aultman Now Urgent Care 506 W. Main St. Louisville, OH, (234) 252-9181, Weekdays 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Weekends 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
In the event of an emergency, please use Aultman Alliance Community Hospital Emergency Room or one nearest you.