ALLIANCE, Ohio — The Great Lakes Esports Conference (GLEC) announced their Fall 2020 awards and all-conference recognitions. Mount Union represented in the awards with a total of six players being recognized for their dedication and hard work during the Fall 2020 season.
Fall 2020 awards include:
- Joshua Schibley ’24 (gamertag: twst.) of Rocky River, Ohio was named the Fall 2020 GLEC Rocket League MVP. Schibley was also named to the All-GLEC Rocket League First Team.
- Jackson Kandel ’23 (gamertag: candyguy.) a finance major of Louisville, Ohio was named to the ALL-GLEC Rocket League First Team.
- Henry Woofter ’23 (gamertag: speedykillaninja) a criminal justice major of Chagrin Falls, Ohio was named to the All-GLEC League of Legends Team as an honorable mention.
- Jacob Grow ’21 (gamertag: OdusTheBrodus) a double major in finance and management of North Canton, Ohio was named to the All-GLEC League of Legends Team as an honorable mention.
- Jordan Wilson ’22 (gamertag: Vyn) a double major in criminal justice and psychology of Greenfield, Ohio was named to the All-GLEC Overwatch Team as an honorable mention.
- Michael Frazier ’23 (gamertag: Fraze) of East Palestine, Ohio was named to the All-GLEC Overwatch Team as an honorable mention.
Mount Union joined the GLEC in the conference’s inaugural 2019-20 season with Defiance College, Lourdes University, Marietta College, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Muskingum University, Ohio Northern University, Tiffin University, and Trine University. Teams played a six-week fall schedule on Saturdays. GLEC looks to continue to grow as three teams were announced to the conference. For this upcoming season, Bethel University, Grace College, and Manchester University will compete in the GLEC conference.
Mount Union esports is actively recruiting for scholarship opportunities in Rocket League, Overwatch, and League of Legends. Stay up to date with esports by following on Twitter at @umuesports or submit an esports interest form.