Mount Union offers a wide variety of services to promote and support recreation and wellness. The McPherson Academic and Athletic Complex (the MAAC) is used by students, faculty, and staff, and includes the McPherson Center for Health and Well Being, the Timken Physical Education Building, Hammond Natatorium, fitness center, the auxiliary gymnasium, and the Peterson Fieldhouse.
Mount Union Intramurals consists of a variety of competitive sports and activities throughout the year. The programs are directed toward the students, faculty, and staff of Mount Union. Intramurals promote physical activity, healthy competition, and overall well-being in an organized setting. Currently, 1,400 students participate in intramurals at Mount Union. Each team is led by a captain and participates in an average of two events per week. See below for opportunities to get involved in intramurals, club sports, or general fitness with Mount Union's Recreation and Wellness.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED
GUIDELINES AND HOURS
Mount Union Intramurals would like to inform members of the campus community of the current COVID-19 guidelines in place to help protect those while participating in intramurals or while visiting the MAAC. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the current guidelines:
- Masks are required when entering and exiting the building.
- Masks required when not working out
- All campus members must sign-in at the front desk and have Purple Plu$ Card
- No guest permitted
- Main MAAC doors are to be used when entering and exiting
- The auxiliary gym, locker rooms, and Pool are closed
- No contact sports allowed (basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.)
- No equipment will be given out except jump ropes
- Tennis nets will be set up for patrons if requested
Please observe the room capacity signs while visiting the MAAC, they are currently:
- Fitness Area: First Floor- 35
- Fitness Area: Second Floor- 35
- Multipurpose Room- 12
- Auxiliary Gym- 40
- Peterson Field House- groups of 10 or less with social distancing