While pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in sport business degree at the University of Mount Union, students will explore the world of sport industry and how it interacts with the business world. Students will study sport management, finance, public relations, marketing, and business administration while gaining hands-on experience through a variety of research and projects in the field.
The sport business major prepares students for a variety of professions, offering career-related experiences creating sponsorship proposals, business plans, event hosting bid proposals, sales training, and group ticket sales. The sport business degree program at Mount Union has received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
Sport Business Major Quick Facts
The four-year sport business program requires 128 credit hours of coursework, which will also fulfill the University’s requirements for its general education program, the Integrative Core. The well-rounded curriculum combined with the numerous experiential learning opportunities will prepare students for successful careers in the exciting industry of sport.
Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of theoretical foundations and their practical application (content knowledge).
- Students will be able to articulate, in written form and verbally, knowledge learned and apply it to the management and business of sport (written and oral communication).
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use technology to assist in completion of presentations (technology).
- Students will be able to critically reflect and demonstrate the ability to work independently as well collaboratively in teams (work independently and collaboratively).
- Students will demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for ethical behavior in a sport business setting (ethics).