Bachelor of Arts in Management Degree
Lead from the front with the Bachelor of Arts degree in management from the University of Mount Union. Our comprehensive major combines with the Integrative Core, our dynamic general education program, ensuring you are a well-rounded manager ready to make a difference in a variety of industries.
Our expert faculty bring diverse field experiences to the classroom and offer thoughtful advice during your undergraduate journey. You will also gain invaluable experiences through internships and service-learning opportunities, ensuring you stand out in a crowd of your peers.
About the Program
The management major at Mount Union allows you to explore a wide range of business courses, offering customization to create an education fit to your career goals. Our program is a great complement to other degree programs on campus, offering the flexibility to double major in an area of interest to you.
You will learn essential critical thinking and managerial skills that translate directly to an array of careers in this in-demand field. Through collaborative research experiences with faculty and peers, our management major ensures you are ready for the career you want.
Management Quick Facts
- 60 credit hours within the management degree program
- 32 credit hours in the well-rounded Integrative Core
- Travel to conferences and seminars or through Study Abroad
- Intern with local or regional organizations
- Double major in a field that complements your degree
Learn more about the Degree in Management
Fuel your ambition to inspire with a Bachelor of Arts degree in management from Mount Union. Gain the experience you are seeking through our courses taught by knowledgeable faculty and internships that will start your professional network before you graduate. Become the influential leader you aim to be with our management major.
The management major at the University of Mount Union will provide you with the opportunity to explore a wide variety of business courses. You will be able to gain knowledge in human resource practices, applied strategies and accounting and marketing principles. Through in-depth courses and hands-on experience, you will become involved with and knowledgeable about diverse management areas. The management major pairs well with numerous other degree programs on campus, offering the ability to double major or add complimentary minors for further advancement in the field.
- Students will demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of the global environment in which businesses operate
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of their own values
- Students will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and a capacity for service
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize when change is needed, adapt to change as it occurs, and lead change
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their personal interests, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses as they pertain to professional career fields.
- Students will demonstrate a basic understanding of career options available to them and will establish career objectives.
Students who choose to major in management at the University of Mount Union have ample opportunities to get “real-world” experience outside of the classroom. By getting involved in extracurricular opportunities and student organizations, you can strengthen your skills and knowledge of management, both of which are critical to successful career in business management. These opportunities, which supplement classroom learning, include:
- Internship opportunities in the field
- Development of business plan for business of your choice
- Study abroad experiences
- Service-learning opportunities
- Independent research
- Research with faculty or student peers
- Research-based courses
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a student-led chapter on Mount Union’s campus that offers students the opportunity to interact with a variety of HR tools and resources.
Delta Mu Delta is an honor society specifically for students with business related majors at ACBSP-accredited schools. Each member must maintain a 3.2 GPA and be within the top 20% of their program.
If you are interested in a career in business with a variety of opportunities and directions, then take a look at our management major. With a combination of theory and practice, you will be prepared for a business management career today and in the future. It’s a field that is in demand, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimating growth in the field at 13 percent throughout the next decade.
Students pursuing a degree in management will also be prepared to pursue graduate education in business upon graduation or at a later point in time.
Our management courses often include realistic projects so you will have the ability to apply business theory to real-life situations. In addition, you’ll complete an experiential learning experience in the form of an internship, service project or educational activity outside of the United States. The combination of classroom, project and experiential learning will prepare you for a career in a global business environment.