The physical therapy program at the University of Mount Union is designed to pursue academic, clinical, and professional excellence that will allow students to grow into leaders in a meaningful and professional career. Mount Union’s physical therapy curriculum is structured with opportunities for inter-professional education with our nursing and engineering programs and Northeastern Ohio College of Medicine, to name a few.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rewarding field of physical therapy is expected to exceed 30% growth in the next 10 years, making it the 26th fastest growing occupation. Physical therapy is also listed among the Buckeye Top Fifty: 2008-2018 among Ohio’s high-wage occupations in demand. Mount Union graduates of the physical therapy program will be prepared to fill this growing need in our society.
Physical Therapy (PT) at Mount Union:
- Mount Union’s PT program is focused on inter-professional education, which will prepare you for the dynamic nature of healthcare.
- Mount Union’s PT program is housed in Gallaher Hall, our new state-of-the-art health and medical sciences facility. The facility includes:
- Two laboratory spaces with state-of-the-art equipment and two dedicated classrooms.
- A Motion Analysis Laboratory equipped with a Vicon© Motion Capture System integrated ATMI Force Plates and a wireless Delsys® Trigno™ system.
- The University of Mount Union's physical therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).