Mount Union's DPT program has extended its application deadline to October 16, 2020. Get more information about this extension. For any questions regarding the timely submission of your application, please contact your graduate admissions counselor, Kelsey Binsley.
The physical therapy program at the University of Mount Union is designed to pursue academic, clinical, and professional excellence that will allow students to grow into leaders in a meaningful and professional career. Mount Union’s physical therapy curriculum is structured with opportunities for inter-professional education with our nursing and engineering programs and Northeastern Ohio College of Medicine, to name a few.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rewarding field of physical therapy is expected to exceed 30% growth in the next 10 years, making it the 26th fastest growing occupation. Physical therapy is also listed among the Buckeye Top Fifty: 2008-2018 among Ohio’s high-wage occupations in demand. Mount Union graduates of the physical therapy program will be prepared to fill this growing need in our society.
Physical Therapy (PT) at Mount Union:
- Mount Union’s PT program is focused on inter-professional education, which will prepare you for the dynamic nature of healthcare.
- Mount Union’s PT program is housed in Gallaher Hall, our new state-of-the-art health and medical sciences facility. The facility includes:
- Two laboratory spaces with state-of-the-art equipment and two dedicated classrooms.
- A Motion Analysis Laboratory equipped with a Vicon© Motion Capture System integrated ATMI Force Plates and a wireless Delsys® Trigno™ system.
- The University of Mount Union's physical therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).